Post Date: August 31, 2020
High-Quality Codes for Premium Products
Coding premium products – such as perfumes, liquors & pharma packs – may be problematic for inline packaging. Typically these products are best coded using an offline system. Here are 5 reasons why coding premium products OFFLINE may be favorable.
1. Accurate code positioning – Paremium goods often come in unusually shaped or uniquely designed packaging, allowing them to attract consumers as they browse the shelves. However, this type of packaging often has hard-to-reach areas which can make them difficult to accurately print online.
With an offline coding and marking system, such as our RF Auto or RF Lite, the pack is presented to the printer in flat form with the print area readily accessible. This results in a consistently clear, perfectly positioned code.
2. Short production runs – An offline coding system is an ideal solution for coding exclusive or limited edition products. Rather than installing a printer on each production line, a single offline system can cater to different packaging types and product ranges.
3. Adapting to seasonal variations – Premium goods manufacturers can typically expect to be busier at certain times of the year, such as the run up to the holidays. While getting more operators on the job might seem like the easiest way of increasing capacity, an offline coder enables you to cope with seasonal spikes and is generally more cost effective due to the speed, flexibility and accuracy benefits it brings.
4. Anti-counterfeiting – As well as a system to code your packaging, our feeders can be used to add a security label or security inks to aid anti-counterfeiting measures.
5. Increased throughput – If coding is currently done by hand, an automatic offline coding system will reduce labour costs, free up skilled workers and speed up production.
Contact AT INFO today to get a demonstration or print samples of coded premium goods.